Thursday, November 13, 2008

No sugar diary

My Internet was down last night so I had to wait until today to give an update.
Each day it is getting harder and harder. In the morning I really like to have a half cup of juice or sweet tea. Water just does not do it first thing in the morning.
For cereal in the morning I use soy milk. The soy milk I am using has seven grams of sugar per cup. I probably use about a cup and half for a bowl of cereal. I am pretty sure that the soy milk was my only source of sugar for all of yesterday. The soup I ate was completely sugar free. I went to the Subway at TCC before my class. They do not have water. It is either soda or nothing. The TCC food court has a water fountain nearby, so I was able to use that, but it is not as enjoyable as having a cup of water at your table while you eat.
According to Subway's Nutrition information, the twelve inch Philly Cheese sub I had had ten grams of sugar. The site does not list the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich. I only had jalapeƱo peppers for my toppings.
Today's soup has a total of six grams of sugar.
According to the Honolulu Advertiser a gram of sugar has about four calories. The article also recommends one only consumes forty grams of sugar a day. I am definitely going well under that each day.

2 comments:

  1. The sugar in milk and your sub (I'm guessing from the bread) totally don't count because they are unavoidable natural occurring surgars. Doesn't your subway have a water thing on their soda machine? Usually they have that on the pink lemonade (at least around here). Cody and I don't drink any liquid calories (excluding alcohol) so we're always looking for water that we don't have to pay for. I hate places that you can no longer get a cup of water and your only option is to buy bottled water. Blah on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that soy milk naturally has sugar, but I could be wrong. Fat-free cow milk has nine grams of sugar per cup, so I'm doing better sugar-wise by drinking soy milk.
    The guy at Subway said that they had too many people ordering water and filling it with soda that they just stopped serving water. There is not even a water tab on the soda machine. I think they do offer bottled water. I'd rather just go to the water fountain.

    ReplyDelete