Thursday, November 13, 2008

No sugar diary

My Internet was down last night so I had to wait until today to give an update.
Each day it is getting harder and harder. In the morning I really like to have a half cup of juice or sweet tea. Water just does not do it first thing in the morning.
For cereal in the morning I use soy milk. The soy milk I am using has seven grams of sugar per cup. I probably use about a cup and half for a bowl of cereal. I am pretty sure that the soy milk was my only source of sugar for all of yesterday. The soup I ate was completely sugar free. I went to the Subway at TCC before my class. They do not have water. It is either soda or nothing. The TCC food court has a water fountain nearby, so I was able to use that, but it is not as enjoyable as having a cup of water at your table while you eat.
According to Subway's Nutrition information, the twelve inch Philly Cheese sub I had had ten grams of sugar. The site does not list the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich. I only had jalapeƱo peppers for my toppings.
Today's soup has a total of six grams of sugar.
According to the Honolulu Advertiser a gram of sugar has about four calories. The article also recommends one only consumes forty grams of sugar a day. I am definitely going well under that each day.